Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas

I was really hoping to be able to post a video of Christmas Eve, but our camera doesn't have the right cords with it. Or it does and I have no idea how to use them. Either way.

My parents got the kids the best Christmas gift ever. I realize that I should follow that statement with something super spiritual. Something that really focuses on the meaning of Christmas. But I'm not. We're going to Disney World! We leave on the 7th of January. They decided we should all (20 of us) fly down together. I already feel sorry for the rest of the plane. We leave at 6AM and something tells me the kids will be too excited to realize they should be tired.

The kids have not been calm since my Dad told them. Yesterday I had them all at the doctor and it was not the best experience we have ever had in public. At one point I said, "I'm dropping you off at Grandpa's office when we leave here." That only made them louder.

My Dad decided to make the kids these amazing countdown boards to help pass the time. Each day has a new picture and is personalized for each child. He was pretty proud of the day that has a picture of the park at night. It says, "In Disney World there are no bedtimes." It's payback I'm sure.

The boards are great since Rachel and Michael both understand the concept of time, but it's not really helping Chloe. Every time we get in the car she asks if we are going to Disney World.

I had to include this picture for my parents. On Christmas Eve I was headed to bed and I checked on the kids. Rachel had fallen asleep in front of her board.

Only 10 days to go!

7 comments:

Kentucky Kate said...

Please take a picture of Chloe the first time she sees each princess or the castle.

Brenda W. said...

Can't wait to hear the trip blog!!!

The Talberts said...

Wow! What a wonderful gift. Have a great time!

Anonymous said...

Three rowdy kids, sister in laws, and misbehaving nieces and nephew! YEAH! LET"S GO!! Bah humbug.

Anonymous said...

I was of course kidding people. Get off my back.

Anonymous said...

you forgot to mention the rest of the wonderful family we feel left out!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Dad just told me he is giving each of the kids $100 when they arrive and they can do whatever they want to with it. $1,000 bucks can buy their favorite uncle a lot of funnel cake!