Not that any of you were wondering how the rest of my day went, but I had to share. I redeemed all things kitchen with a batch of pumpkin muffins, but took them to the person doing drops for me, so I'm not sure my family will give me credit for that.
But, when I went to pick up the kids from school I was greeted by the school secretary with this, "Well, you sure look comfortable today." Then my 11 year old niece said, "Aunt Margie, why aren't you wearing any makeup?"
Looks like tomorrow the big bag of tricks to make me look presentable will be back out.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
ORIGINAL POST:
Today someone else is doing drops for me (PRAISE GOD). It is the one day of the week that I can normally get things done. But today has not really gone like I thought it would.
It all started pretty normally. I woke up on time, but decided I couldn't justify the makeup and hair routine when I was just going to come back home and cook for several hours. I was greeted at school by another mom who said, "WOW! You look exhausted!" I assured her I wasn't really that tired, I just didn't have makeup on. She went on to say that she was pretty sure she has never seen me without makeup on. To which I replied, "I'm pretty sure my own parents have never seen me like this." Then I left as fast I could lest anyone else be frightened by my mascara-less face.
I got home and started on an apple pie, which I burned. It also spilled over into the oven. Good times. Then I made dinner that I could throw into the oven later. I managed to spill stuff all over the burner. Needless to say the house is smelling pretty great right about now.
I'm thinking Chloe and I are going to have lunch, followed by a nap. Maybe I'll try again after that. If the oven cleans itself in time.
6 comments:
Welcome to the CLUB...
Welcome to the CLUB...
What is it about mascara? Eric prefers me without makeup, but when I was 25, I informed him those days were coming to an end when I went to work without makeup and everyone commented on how tired I looked.
Ha. I wore foundation once a year or so ago and a friend of ours said, "Oh my gosh! Your skin looks so clear!! What happened! You look amazing." I didn't want to embarrass him by telling him that I apparently only looked good because I was wearing makeup. But yikes. I'm always a little more critical of my non-clear face now.
Why do people say stupid things? Isn't it enough that we think them? Anyway - I, too, have a scary makeup-less face. My mom, of all people, is the one to say how tired I look. I am tired. And you are, too. So there. Alas - I shall always appreciate your beauty Margie. Because yesterday when I called you crying you pointed me to Jesus and reminded me of reality. That's what lovely really is. But you can keep wearing the mascara if you want.
I hate wearing mascara. When the bad guys are mean to me at work it is impossible to hide the tears. I can't afford color stay so it always runs. HELP!
Post a Comment