Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Unplanned, Take 2

Okay, first, I can't believe that there are less than 40 days until Christmas and my house isn't decorated and I just changed the background on the blog. This might be the longest it has ever taken.

In other news, I have started homeschooling. Much to the surprise of the kids. And me. But not God. And that's really all that matters. Our first day was yesterday. I'm not really that concerned with how the first day went. I mean, it was the first day ... right? I figure I really can't decide if I like this or not until I have been doing it for several months. So I'm not going to comment just yet. Except to say that at one point during the day Michael and Rachel were reading the dictionary (after school was over, mind you) and they were giggling like crazy. They told me they were looking up bad words in the dictionary. Thankfully it was third grade bad words, like 'stupid' or 'toilet' and not grown up bad words.

My other favorite part was that Michael spent the entire time he was supposed to be working quietly, not working quietly. He just kept humming or thumping the table with various body parts. I finally said, "Michael, I can't imagine that you could have gotten away with that in Mrs. Ryan's class." His response, with a shrug, "I couldn't. But I thought since I'm home now, maybe I could try it out." I love that kid!

What else?

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday. The baby's heart sounds great and everything looks good. They are going to see me every 2 weeks for the next 6 weeks, with another ultrasound thrown in at 20 weeks. I am a little over 16 weeks right now. So if you think about it, be praying. At the beginning of this pregnancy, I told God that I was going to have a hard time not dwelling on this pregnancy and I asked that He would keep me distracted. Sitting at school for 7 hours a day gives me way too much time to worry. That's not the reason we pulled the kids out of school, but it does seem like God answered that prayer. I'm pretty sure that with the three kids at home all day I won't have the time or energy to stay up at night worrying.

Okay, I'm going to go and pretend I remember how to classify sentences.

3 comments:

Brenda W. said...

Welcome to the crazy, homeschool life!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am still not sure if I know how well I like homeschooling and I have been doing it for 2 years!! Take it step by step! You have definitely been in my prayers very often lately, I have been thinking and praying for your family ALOT!


Amy F

the mama said...

Loads of things I LOVED about homeschooling....loads of things I disliked about homeschooling....mostly both of those things involved the amount of time spent with my kids!
Would not trade those days for anything.
We should talk!