When I delivered Olivia the hospital signed me up for these email updates. Every few weeks I get these emails that tell me what little Miss Olivia should be doing. For the most part they are accurate, but a few months ago they took a turn. For example, a good two months ago the website said that she should be associating words with meanings. It suggested asking her where Daddy is and said that she would point to him. At four months old!?! Doubtful. A few weeks later it said that she should be understanding words like "behind" "on top of" "next to". It recommended telling her to put one toy next to another and assured me that she would do it. I asked. She drooled.
I just got this update today.
Your baby is 28 WEEKS OLD
• Most babies can use a cup at this age, and many can feed themselves.
I just cut and pasted from my email so that you can all see that it has the right week. At 28 weeks Olivia should be feeding herself.
I'm pretty sure that's not true. Or, if it is, all of my kids have been remedial.
I'm not exactly sure what the hospital is trying to do, but my guess is that they are causing fear in lots of first time moms.
That's all I have for today. Olivia is not feeding herself, doesn't have a clue where her father is, and couldn't find the inside of our house when asked. Do me a favor. If you have a six month old and they are doing all of this, and reading or carrying on full conversations with the mobile over their crib, don't tell me. I like ignorance. Maybe that's where the kids get it :)
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment