Today we celebrated the anniversary of Rachel's corneal transplant the way any normal family would ... with a cake that looked like an eye. It was not all that well done because I was pressed for time but it made Rachel smile, which is all that mattered. She has had this cornea for 4 years, which is an amazing praise report. God has been so gracious with us. The doctor is telling us that this cornea might not last much longer, but today we are celebrating God's faithfulness and kindness to us.
And, like I ask every year, if you think of it, please pray for the donor family. Today they are grieving for their child. I know it isn't just today. I know it's a constant for them. I'm just praying that they know the One who is an ever present help in times of trouble.
5 years ago
3 comments:
Ha. I love the eye cake. And yes - will certainly be praying for the donor family. :)
Yeah Rach! Will pray this one lasts another year! Love the idea of making an eye cake! Where is the picture!
Also, I started a blog for Parker. Following in your footsteps. LOL www.parkerspuzzleposse.com
Do you know the donor family? More specifically do they know your amazing daughter? They would be proud I would think...
Post a Comment