And now for a new installment I'm calling Just Like Mommy. It's for all those Chloe moments. For those of you that have met her, you know what I mean. Unfortunately I was a little bit of a mean girl myself when I was younger (Side note: Mike and Gretchen, please give me the "little bit" statement made here. And a second side note: I know, I know, I'm STILL a mean girl. Ha. Beat you all to the punch).
Actual conversation while I was making dinner last week:
Chloe: Mom, can I play on the computer?
Me: No.
A few minutes later I hear this:
Chloe: Rachel, can you get me on the computer?
Me: Chloe, I just told you that you are not allowed to play on the computer.
Chloe (as she is throwing her hands up in the air): I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to Rachel. (and it was said with the just the right inflection that I envisioned all her teenage years in that one moment)
Yesterday Chloe and I were at school waiting for Rachel and Michael to finish their basketball practice. Several other parents were there and Chloe made fast friends with a little girl. Shocking. She could not remember the little girl's name, so she just kept calling her that blue girl. They were playing for about 10 minutes when Chloe came over with the biggest smile. The little girl was following her. On all fours. Barking.
Chloe: We are playing house. I am the mommy and that blue girl is my dog.
Not her baby or her sister. Not even her prince. Her dog.
I blame my mom for wishing this upon me.
5 years ago
2 comments:
Hysterical!
At least you are prepared!!!
Post a Comment