Wednesday, December 15, 2010

More Pregnancy Fun

I realize that I have been a negligent blogger lately. Apparently homeschooling three kids takes a good portion of the day. But, I wanted to find a minute to post the latest pregnancy news.

I had another ultrasound this morning and everything looks good. The baby is growing and everything seems right on track. We also found out this morning that we are having a little girl.

It took everything in me not to apologize to Michael. He was so bummed. This morning before we left, he said that he really wanted someone who could share his room with him. I agree. I am thrilled to be having a little girl, but for some reason, it really made me miss Gideon and Gabriel. I think no matter what the gender of this child, that would have been true. It still feels like our family is not complete. I get that. I know it shouldn't feel complete. Not until God reunites us.

Okay, where was I?

Michael is slowly coming around to the idea. It helps that he wants to be just like Daddy, and Daddy grew up with three sisters. Michael really is an amazing big brother and he loves babies, so I can't wait to see him with this little one. My brother was also the lone boy in a house with three girls. He was the oldest and I was the youngest, and we have always been really close, so I am praying that for Michael and this little girl.

This morning when Michael was saying that he wanted a brother, Rachel took personal offense. She couldn't understand why he didn't want another sister and I think she was offended for her entire gender. After he gave a three point sermon about the benefits of a brother, she gave in and admitted that he probably did need a brother. It was hilarious.

Chloe, who has been begging for the baby to be a girl, was really unhappy when we left the ultrasound room. When I explained that it was a girl and asked why she wasn't happy about that, she answered, "I thought we were bringing her home today." It was very sweet. She has since decided the perfect name would be Jas-Rach. I have to say, I like it better than Mike's idea to name our child after his mustache (Magnus). And yes, he is serious.

Well, I am off to return very overdue library books. Have a good day!

5 comments:

Kentucky Kate said...

Oh yea!!!! How wonderful. I love girls.

The Talberts said...

A girl! How wonderful, Margie.

krissy said...

Yeah! A girl! Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the little girl!!! That is what I thought you were having this whole time. I will pray that you all find a good cute girl name besides Maggie(Magnus);)

Amy

Coffee STAT! said...

Magnus?!?! So sorry Maquesha, but I totally got Mike's back on this one.

LOVE IT!!!!