Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Still Here

Since I don't have the energy to take down the Christmas decorations in my house, I thought I would start here. It takes way less time.

Our Christmas was nice this year, but I have to admit, it never really felt like Christmas. I'm not sure why, but I'm guessing it was me. I think I spent the whole holiday season holding my breath. As we made plans I kept wondering if they would be interrupted with heartbreak.

There really are no words to describe how amazing I think it is that I am still carrying this little girl. But, I also have to admit that I am struggling more with the absence of Gideon and Gabriel. I know where they are, and I know that they don't need a thing from me. But I miss them. And the bigger this little girl gets, the more I long for them to be here to be a part of it all. In a completely surprising way this pregnancy is making our recent miscarriages harder.

But God is changing me and causing me to focus more on Him. And my lack of trust. I will never understand why it is hard to trust God. The same God that is so far above me that I cannot comprehend Him or His plans. The same God that faced the cross and hung there for me. I will never understand why I think I could do it better. I can't wait until we see Him, face to face, and the sin that we fight every day will no longer be a struggle. Can you even imagine that? I look forward to the day when I don't have to fight my own thoughts all day long and can be consumed only with His glory.

I hope you all had a great Christmas!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Amen. Amen.

Anonymous said...

Whatever scrooge. My Christmas rocked.Enough with this serious posting you keep doing. Tell a joke! And Magnus is a GLORIOUS middle name!

Anonymous said...

Your feelins are very normal for a pregnancy after loss. It also does make you seem to miss your angels even more when you are expecting again. This year was hard on me as well. With watching Levi opening all his gifts and being 11 weeks pregnant again it just brought up all of those old dreams I used to have for my family. Praying for you. Gina T.