It's that time of year again, when Rachel celebrates her cornea's birthday. It will be 3 tomorrow.
And it's also that time of year when I ask for prayer for the donor family. This week will mark 3 years for them as well. Please pray that God would comfort them, as only He can. Even as I type that my eyes are welling up. My heart hurts for them and I wish that I knew them, so that I would be able to pray more specifically for them. But I know that God is working in their lives, and I will just keep praying that on that great day I get to meet them.
5 years ago
3 comments:
PTL... for both families.
Hi Margie, This is natalie morgan, used to be natalie spinks. We went to FOB together, hopefully you remember me. I saw your blog from melissa T's. My mom passed away a year ago this month, she was only 50, and had fought many diseases for many years. So we were surprised when the organ donor organization called us and said my mom had signed saying she would be an organ donor and they told us they would be able to use her corneas. We said yes knowing that my mom would be so happy to give someone the gift of sight. It encourages me to hear you talk about your daughter and your sweet words about the donor family. It gives me hope to think someone who possible couldn't see or had lost their sight is seeing God's beautiful creations, though I think what my mom is seeing with her heavenly eyes is way better:) God bless- natalie
What a humble reminder to me this morning, of what's important in life and so much we can be thankful for... in midst of life's chaos. As well as a reminder to pray for others such as that special family!
Post a Comment