Friday, May 27, 2011

Quick Recap

So here's a quick recap of our day yesterday.

It started off with me heading to the doctor for my six week check up. For those of you keeping track, yes, it was early. I'm sneaky like that. Anyway, I'm pretty sure it's a bad sign when your doctor asks if you are planning on having more children, you say "no" and he says, "Oh, good" sounding way too happy to hear that. He tried to recover quickly, but it was still out there. In his defense, he was the same doctor who delivered very bad news. Twice. He has been a very nervous man for the last nine months, and I'm pretty sure he is the only person who was as thankful as I was every time we heard Olivia's heartbeat.

Moving on.

Later in the day I took all the kids over to the Cincinnati Association for the Blind for Rachel's music lesson. My mom offered to take her, but I politely declined. I vaguely remember saying something about having to figure out life with 4 kids and that I would be fine and that I really needed to stop relying on everyone's help to handle my day to day life. And now let's all take a minute to remind ourselves what comes right before a fall.

Music didn't go that well. In an effort to be really nice, the music teacher let the other kids come in for the last 2 songs with Rachel so they could all help make music. I had visions of the Sound of Music. That vision was quickly replaced when two of my children knocked a guitar over, and then fell on top of each other. We were that family.

On the way out the door I remember thinking to myself that I really needed to not yell at the kids. And that when I got home I really needed to make other arrangements for all music lessons for the rest of their lives. Something that would involve only one child.

I drove all of ten feet before I realized we had a flat tire. And no spare. And we were on Gilbert Avenue in Cincinnati. And it was about to be rush hour. And Mike was asleep, because, you know, he works third shift.

I kept telling the kids it was a fun adventure. Us being stuck in the van, waiting for our hero to rescue us. And he did rescue us, and changed the tire during rush hour. I was very thankful it happened between all the rain and that it was nice enough out to have the windows open.

Changing topics.

The kids have been saying and doing the funniest things lately, and I really wish I could remember them all to blog them. I'll try to get to that one day soon. It seems that in this new season of life blogging is going to take a serious backseat to things like showering and sleeping.

Have a good weekend!

No comments: