Thursday, July 21, 2011

That's My Son

The other day the kids and I were shopping at Kroger. As we were checking out, Michael and I had this conversation ...

Michael: "Mom, did you see that guy next to us?"
Me: "No. Why?"
Michael: "He had like 12 things of Mountain Dew."
Me: "So?"
Michael: "I mean the big things of Mountain Dew, not the little ones. Is that really necessary? 12 big bottles of Mountain Dew?"
Me: "Buddy, we really have no idea why they bought that much. Maybe he is having a party. Let's not worry about what other people are buying."
Michael: "He's probably just going to get drunk."
Me: (Laughing) Michael, you can't drunk on Mountain Dew.
Michael: Oh. Is it Sprite?
Me: "No, buddy. You can't get drunk on any kind of soda."


Oh that he would stay that innocent during his teen years.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Clearly he has been shopping with Kara, seriously what is with the people who judge others groceries!!! Yes I realize I am buying 10 cans of pringles, ice cream and chocolate sauce, did I mention I was here last night and bought a giant jar of pickles? And NO im not pregnant!

running shoes said...

Hahahaha!
That. is. hilarious!