Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Surgery That Wasn't

I can't type fast enough to share this.

After 20 minutes in the OR the doctor came out to tell us that there was no tear in the retina. He thought he had seen one in the office, but today when he got a closer look, there was no tear. He said that he can confidently say that there is nothing new going on with her eye. She did not even have surgery!!!

Can. you. believe. that?

I can't tell you how surprised and thrilled I am.

I told Rachel that it is so cool to see how well she handled this week. She has been anxious, but she has been turning to the Lord for comfort. I told her that this week she has been transformed to be more like Christ and grown as a Christian. And I told her that on top of all that God is doing in her heart, He even chose to protect her from another surgery!

Praise God!

7 comments:

Kentucky Kate said...

Love love love!

krissy said...

PRAISE HIM!!!! Tell Racheal we are all glorifying God with her just like we were praying for her!!

Kimberly said...

That's wonderful! God is so good!

Janelle S said...

WoooHooo Praise God!!!

erin said...

That is so awesome! Praise God....I love that kid!

running shoes said...

How AWESOME is God!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow Krissy, her name is spelled correctly in the story. Just sayin.