Sunday, September 18, 2011

Anniversaries

Four years ago today I met someone. Well, 'met' not be the right word here, but I'm not really sure what would be, so I'll just go with 'met.' I held him in my arms for a brief time. And the whole time I held him, I just kept thinking how it wasn't really him at all. He was already somewhere else. Somewhere I long to be. A place where he can run and jump. Somewhere he doesn't need me to take care of him. But more importantly, somewhere he can worship the One who chose to bring him home at that moment. I miss him.

Today as I am holding Olivia it is hard not to think of all we missed with Gideon. He was his own person, with his own personality and I would have loved to have learned all of that about him. But I'm so thankful that one day I'll get to hang out with him again. Only this time he'll really be there. And instead of me showing him all around this world, he will get to show me all that he has been doing in these years apart.

Until then I am unspeakably grateful that I belong to the One who promises comfort on days like this one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PTL you are looking ahead and rejoicing in knowing someday you will see your boys again in heaven.