Tuesday, September 6, 2011

My Kitchen Sink

I have this one thing that I am a little neurotic about. It's my kitchen sink. I really hate water spots. I think they make everything look dirty and dingy. So, every time the kitchen sink gets used, I dry it out. Completely.

I know. I've heard everything you're thinking from Mike or Gretchen. Probably both.

A few days ago the kids learned of this for the first time. I told Michael and Rachel to put their dishes in the dishwasher and then told Rachel that she needed to dry the sink out. She looked at me like I was crazy. At first she thought I was kidding, but as I went on to explain why we do that and how it makes things look nicer, her face screamed, "This is what we will mock you for when we're your age."

The next day I was washing dishes while the kids were doing their homework. Rachel was leaned back in a kitchen chair with this very sarcastic expression on her face. She tilted her head to the side and said, "Hey, (head nod towards the sink) don't forgot to dry that out when you're done." She and Michael had a good laugh.

Gretchen and Mike are just happy that there are two more people that can join in mocking me for it.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Does anyone else feel bad for these kids? Can you say Neurotic? HOWEVER, I must say that hers is the cleanest house I've ever been in, and it's always that way.

the ashley family said...

is that weird? drying out your sink? that is particularly why we don't have a stainless sink b/c I grew up drying ours out....they'll be better for it :) and i love your blog

kara h said...

Oh my word. This is why you and Danielle are sisters. Of course she does that, too. Freaks.

This is what makes me find some reason to turn on your sink every time I'm there.

Kate said...

hehehe Kara, turn it on for me once too!

running shoes said...

Me three Kara and that's a fantastic idea.

Anonymous said...

Right. I've got to get over there and hawk a loogie in that sink.

krissy said...

The week after John and I got married he asked me to dry out the sink. Words cannot describe my confusion.
You can understand now why I have a corian sink.

Anonymous said...

a good therapist may help....