I guess if I had waited a little longer the snowflakes on my background would be seasonal again. I've missed blogging. And there's no real reason I stopped. Just life. Focusing on other things and being grown in different ways. But I've missed it. I miss the sense of community. I know it might be a false sense of community, but I don't really think it is. I like knowing I'm not the only one raising kids, preparing meals, running errands, making a home that my family wants to be in, and trying to do it all to the glory of the Lord.
I kept waiting for something earth shattering to share or something that was too funny not to put in print, but then I remembered, my blog was never like that anyway. So, I just decided to jump back in.
And I wanted to share this ...
This morning in my time with the Lord I was reading in Psalms and being reminded of His goodness. And it made me think of so many things, but two things stuck out the most. One, Olivia. I know I should add more to that so that it makes more sense, but for those of you that know my story, you know her name is enough. All of my children have been a blessing, but just the unexpected nature of Olivia is all the evidence I will ever need that the Lord has not forgotten and that He loves me.
And two, this week we got some great news about Rachel. I know it won't seem great unless I give you a little background. Rachel goes through these times of trial where the weight of her eye condition weighs heavily on her. She has been having one of those times the last few weeks. Making comments that she knows He can heal, she's just a little upset that He's decided not to. Big questions, heart breaking conversations. And it's going to seem like I'm changing topics, but I'm not. Rachel has a cat allergy. Her eyes get crazy red and watery and since she can't rub her eyes, she is very uncomfortable around cats. She also can't take allergy medication because of her glaucoma. Last Friday Mike and I started a new small group, and the people hosting have cats. By the end of small group Rachel was in tears because her eyes were bugging her and she was thinking it would be that way every Friday for the rest of the small group year. BUT I called her eye doctor, one more time, just to check, just to make sure there wasn't a new allergy drug she could take. It's a call I've made twice a year for several years now. And guess what. Her glaucoma specialist said that she could take any and everything. He said her pressure has been controlled for years now and so she can take allergy meds. I told Rachel this is a great reminder that God has not forgotten the road that He has asked her to walk. He cares. He loves her. He wants the best for her. And as hard as this road is for her, what a great reminder that He is still working in this. And He always will be working in her life.
Psalm 107:43 Whoever is wise will observe these things, and understand the loving kindness of the Lord.
5 years ago
2 comments:
Yea!!!!! Thanks for blogging again. Mine is over a year behind and probably not to be updated anytime soon. Quicker to read someone else's blog than to write mine. :)
I love this story! Praise the Lord, who has not forgotten!
Post a Comment