Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Unlikely Places

Yesterday my mom had what I am praying was her final surgery in her battle with breast cancer. It was the long awaited day for reconstruction. The surgery was in Columbus and took about nine and a half hours. It was a long day, BUT things are going very well and she may be able to come home as early as this weekend.

I have found that waiting for surgery isn't all that bad, until the end is near. During the last 30 minutes I find myself getting restless. Yesterday, as the last 30 minutes came into view I got a phone call. Rachel was home with Daddy and was also feeling anxious about the surgery. She called to see if there was any word yet, but she also shared something with me. She told me that during her school day she had a little free time. Since she was anxious about Grandma she decided to spend that time in the Word. She came across this verse. She told me that it meant a lot to her, and she thought it would help me too. Isaiah 41:13 "For I, the Lord your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, 'Fear not, I will help.''

My eyes filled with tears as she shared that with me. I'm so thankful that we have a God that loves to comfort us in very unlikely ways.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

That He does! God bless Rachel and you.