Sunday, November 3, 2013

Another First

Few things in life have made me feel as old as I did this evening. Not the additional strands of silver I keep finding in my hair (let's face it, they are all gray and wiry, but silver sounds better), not the pillow lines on my face at 3 in the afternoon (I know, I know they aren't pillow lines, they are wrinkles, but I'd rather not admit that just yet), not the recent conversation I had with a doctor in which he actually said, "Well, age is a risk factor and you are getting older". None of those things compare with dropping your oldest child off at youth group. Youth group!?! Are you kidding me!?!

And to make matters worse, when I got there they asked me my date of birth. I think it was a cheap trick just to remind me that it was a long time ago.

I kept lying to myself to make me feel better. I had her when I was really young (I didn't). It's not like it's high school, it's only middle school. I don't look a day over 34 (see above. I have gray hair and wrinkles, Let's face it I look every bit of my 36 years).

I'm going to try really hard not to think about the fact that when Olivia has her first trip to youth group I'll probably be needing a walker. And maybe invest in some Clairol and Olay.


No comments: