Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Good News!!!

The hole in Chloe's heart is CLOSED!!! They have no idea what caused the murmur because her heart is perfectly normal. And they didn't even have to sedate her for the test! Here's the funny part - it never occurred to me to pray that the original hole in her heart would be closed this time around. I was just asking that she not need open heart surgery or anything life altering. God is constantly surprising me by doing more than I could ask or imagine. I'm glad He doesn't lack creativity like I do. Thanks for praying.

For those of you that are going to make reading this blog a part of your lives, I should have warned you. Medical drama comes with the territory of being involved in the Petri family. Mostly it's Rachel, but every once in a while we like to throw a curve ball. Keeps people on their toes.

Also, Mike and I are going to be having people over on New Year's Eve and you are all (whoever you may be) invited to come and hang out. Nothing big - and please bring the kids. We can put them in their pajamas and let them crash where they like.

4 comments:

The Talberts said...

That is great news! Thanks for the update.

Kentucky Kate said...

Sweet! That's so exciting to know that she has a perfectly normal little ticker :) What a cool God!

And, if Mike will let me darken your doorstep, we'd love to come. I'll ask when it gets closer to the time, but I'd be happy to bring something as well.

Anonymous said...

Kate,Eric can show up but you probably should stay home.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! God is so AWESOME! Glad to hear the hole is closed! :)