Monday, January 19, 2009

He Thinks He's Funny

So far here are some of my favorite conversations with Mike about the pregnancy.

  • I was saying something about getting another epidural. His reply - "Yeah, if you don't want to actually give birth, an epidural is definitely the way to go."
  • He was teasing me (more like mocking) for sleeping in the car, so I reminded him that growing a baby makes you tired. He said, "Tired and apparently retarded".
  • We were cuddling and he said, "I bet we can't do this in another month".
  • I asked him to carry a laundry basket upstairs for me and he said, "Wow, are really going to start milking this already?"
Hands off ladies . . . he's all mine. And I guess just to be fair I should mention that I busted up laughing at each one. I really need to stop encouraging him.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know where you come up with these lies!

krissy said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! YEAH!!!!!!
Congratulations Margie!
(enough enthusiasm for a Glenn or are you dissapointed? because I considered adding lots more exclamation points.)

Margie Petri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Margie Petri said...

Krissy - My family actually got offended because I said that the Glenns were the funnest people on earth to tell you are pregnant. Apparently I shouldn't think it is more fun to tell friends than family. Who knew?

Kentucky Kate said...

What I want to know is whether he actually says this stuff while you are in labor. And if so, is it funny then? And how much does the hospital staff think he's funny?

Anonymous said...

The nurses always look at me with mean eyes! I tell them to get bent. Nurses are angry people!

Anonymous said...

I am sure that there is NO boredom in your lives. IF it gets slow the 2 of you always seem to
KICK IT UP A NOTCH !!!!

We can only sit back and wait for the next belly laugh to erupt.

I used to feel bad that Mike gave you such a hard time until I realized **** that YOU HOLD YOUR OWN !!!!!!!!!


I am really looking forward to teh TEEN years in your house!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spence said...

Congratulations Margie! I guess the world can handle another Petri. If nothing else, the world will be a funnier place with another Petri in it. :)