Before I share my thoughts on cleaning let me say this . . . we, as women, are constantly comparing ourselves to each other. We want to know that everyone struggles with the same things and if someone seems to have a jump on things, or an easier time in some area, we feel bad about it because it makes us feel like we should be doing a better job than we are. I do it too and honestly I am tired of the voice in my head reminding me that there are 1,000 things a day I should be getting done, but can't find the time for (or more likely the energy for). That being said -
I enjoy cleaning. I don't do it for fun or anything, but I LOVE a clean house. And I really like having a day where I am caught up on everything and have nowhere I have to be (it happens like 3 times a year). On those days I like to make a pot of coffee, stay in my pajamas and reorganize closets. I really like things to be neat and organized.
But here's the thing, I don't actually spend that much time cleaning (Kara stop laughing). I have one day a week where I do the big things and then the rest of the week we are all really good about picking up as we go. The kids know that any toys they get out have to be picked up, by them, before they go to another area of the house. We have a dishwasher, so dishes don't require much, and there is always laundry going because it doesn't need my hands on supervision. Mostly I've noticed that as long as I am on top of things, everyone else follows along. But, if I take a day off (once a year, Christmas day) then the house goes down hill - FAST. To me, that's the only secret, stay on top of it so it isn't overwhelming. That and the fact that I will give up sleep to wake up to a clean house.
I don't know why it's easy for me. It is the one area of my life that I feel like is always under control. But see, that's the point, it's the 0ne area. There are a million other things that I wish I were better at.
5 years ago
1 comment:
I live with one of your kind. it's a mysterious existence to me. :-) If you ever have the hankerin' to clean on one of those 3 days that your house is spotless, come on over to mine. it won't be and you're welcome to have at it!!!
Post a Comment