We've done this surgery before, several times in each eye. I can say with certainty that I do not look forward to the long road ahead of her. But guess what the first thing was that my precious daughter said. She said, "I remember the memory verse we learned for my corneal transplant - I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." I LOVE that kid!!
Since I don't want to spend this entire post complaining or grumbling or giving prayer requests that remind me of all that can go wrong, I'm going to share one of the coolest God stories from Rachel's life.
Rachel can't see rainbows. She has seen enough of them in books to be able to know what they are, but she hadn't ever seen one if real life. It got to the point that she was annoyed whenever Michael saw one because she never could. One day, when Rachel was about 4, we were in the car together. I saw the most amazing rainbow. I didn't say anything because I knew it would upset her, but Michael was with us and started yelling to look out the window. I deflated. Mostly because I didn't want to hear the conversation that was sure to follow about how Rachel can't see them and then watch her get upset. She even started to say she couldn't see it, but then her jaw dropped. She was so full of wonder. She said, "Mommy, I can see it. And it's so amazing. Can you believe God can do that? Wow, it's just like what the people on the ark saw." At this point I thought we were going to drive off the road because I was crying so hard. She went on and on about how beautiful it was and how cool God is for making something like that.
God has done more than we could ever ask or imagine for Rachel. She is truly a gift and I am so thankful I get to be a part of what God is doing in her life.
5 comments:
I laughed, I cried, I smiled...and that was just from readind your post. I cannot imagine living your life - You are an amazing, strong, beautiful woman Margie! Or perhaps better said, God is amazing through you and your family's strength and beauty.
Wow you post some crazy stuff! I would just want to cry if it was my life!
Sorry-I need to edit my earlier comment...what I meant to say is how do you manage life with such circumstances, I mean seriously a husband like that!
God proves Himself funny once again!
you truly have an amazing child.
thanks for giving me perspective today and fo' keepin' it real.
wow. that's really awesome. go god!
Post a Comment