Yesterday Chloe and I were swimming together and talking about her upcoming birthday. Belle theme (of course) and a princess cake (what else). She was very excited that soon she will be 4, just like her best friend, Hannah. I told her that I really enjoyed her being 3, and maybe she should just stay 3. She insisted that she needed to turn 4, because she is growing up. I wish you could have seen her face. She kept putting her chubby little hand (painted fingernails and all) on her chest as she was talking and her eyes were getting bigger by the minute as she talked about growing up.
I agreed that she had to turn 4, but maybe not 5. She said, "Mommy, I promise I will stay 4 forever. I
pinky promise."

Disclaimer: For those of you that are worried I am not letting the kids grow up, I say the same thing every year to all of them. And they laugh and tell me to get over it. It works for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment