Thursday, July 22, 2010

Sneaky Walmart

Last night I went school supply shopping, which is not really my favorite thing to do. Guess what I found out? Walmart is sneaky. They had several rows of school supplies and big yellow signs to make you think everything was super cheap. But, if you are smarter than the average shopper, and went to the back of the store, in the normal section for those kinds of items, there were several things much cheaper. For example, the colored construction paper was $2.50 in the front, but only $1.75 in the back. Same number of sheets. And it was that way with several items. I also saw that they were out of some of the cheaper items in the front, but had the more expensive brands in stock. But again, when I went to the back of the store they had plenty of the sale items.

Here's my guess. They are thinking that moms will come shopping with their school age children and not take the time to walk around. Plus, the average shopper won't think the lower priced items are in the regular isles, instead of in the designated school supply area.

Not cool Walmart.

On an unrelated note Rachel and I saw the doctor today and her corneas are more swollen. We have gotten the same news every 6 weeks for a year, so it really wasn't surprising. He did say that we are doing everything we can, and hopefully the drops will hold off the transplant. So, we are back to hourly drops for an undisclosed length of time. Thankfully after last week my only thought was to praise God that He is using the drops to sustain her corneas and I get to be a part of His miracle for her. He is faithful!

1 comment:

krissy said...

I noticed Kroger doing the same thing with Easter candy!