This one happened last week, but I am just finding time to post it.
One day last week Mike took Michael and Rachel to the batting cages. Rachel didn't do well. Given that she has no depth perception and low vision, I would say she did really well, but she did not share my enthusiasm. At the end of the day she was recounting the story for me, on the verge of tears. I explained that we all have natural ability that God has given us. I told her that Mike has natural ability at lots of things, and I feel like I only have more natural ability in a few areas. This is all I hear from Michael, who was on the other side of the room - "Like what?" (imagine it being said full of disgust and disbelief that I could do anything better than Daddy).
I told them that I can play tennis better than Daddy. Michael thought that didn't count since it was obviously a girl sport. I named a few other things, all of which he scoffed at. And then he said, "You know what Daddy has more natural ability at?" "What's that?" His answer: "Being the better parent." And then he laughed really hard.
5 years ago
3 comments:
oh man. make him clean the toilets or something.
Mike obviously has him brain washed. poor little guy.
HELL YEAH! Smart kid! You can keep brain washing Chloe all you want, Rachel and Michael are firmly entrenched!
Did you tell him that Rachel is the better kid?
Post a Comment