We start school Monday. I'm trying to be an adult about it.
The kids went and met their teachers Thursday. Chloe settled on wearing the 4th outfit she tried on. I had no idea a four year old could get so worked up about clothes. That's a lie. She's been that worked up about clothes for as long as I can remember.
As we were walking over to the preschool house, I asked Chloe if she was excited to meet her new teacher. She said yes and then gave me this big grin and said, "I wonder what she'll be wearing?" It's such a good thing the teachers have to wear dresses. Chloe will love the woman based on that alone.
Oh, and I resisted crying as we walked her into the preschool house. Mostly because Mike was there and it didn't seem the worth the teasing. For the next 20 years. But Monday, when she is in her little uniform and I am actually leaving her there, I might shed a tear. But then I'll remember that I'm not really leaving her there, I'm just walking across a parking lot. And then I might shed a lot of tears. Kidding people.
5 years ago
2 comments:
Okay, I'm praying!
Okay, we have a little obsession issue here at the Nuelsen house. I took Elise to get her hair cut about chin length yesterday. She loves it and has insisted that we call her Chloe. Or Madeline. Either one is fine. But Elise has a slight girl crush on Chloe I think. It helps that Elise's measure of a woman is also whether or not they wear a dress.
Post a Comment