On Monday most things had to start again. As the kids went off to school, I couldn't help but think that I wanted a few more days to catch my breath before beginning again. It has been a challenge to jump back in. It's hard to explain, but I feel like it is taking huge amounts of energy just to do the normal, day to day, life stuff. It's hard to fight the good fight against my flesh, but I know God's grace will sustain us.
For the most part the burden of every day life is falling to Mike right now. Rachel is still getting drops every two hours, and since I can't drive yet, he is the one going back and forth. Yesterday started standardized testing for Rachel, and that has led to more time at school. She can't see the bubbles well enough to fill them in correctly, so her teacher was concerned that she would fail the standardized testing because of the way the machine reads the answers. So, one of us sits at school with her, for two hours, and fills out bubbles. Today was my turn. About 15 minutes before the testing was over for today, she puked. All over the floor. And then they got out that powder. You know the one. Every grade school on earth uses it for sick kids and somehow the company managed to make it smell worse than the actual vomit.
It's really not funny, and I do feel bad that she's sick. But if you had seen the teacher's face you would have smiled too. Sometimes I feel like we should come with a warning label.
5 years ago
6 comments:
Your life makes me laugh!
poor rachel.
can't the school find some wandering senior who needs something to do to help her? I know they're out there.
We're still praying for "Michael's mom and family". :-)
Maybe you guys could go out for some family "warning" tatoos?
**WARNING- I am libel to make you laugh so hard you cry... or force you to learn the sovereignty of God**
OOOO - yuck! I remember the smell of the puke powder - as a kid AND as a teacher! It never improves, does it!
Praying for you and your family,
s
Margie, you MUST go to You Tube and watch Sponge Bob Square Pants Burger King commercial...with Sir Mix a Lot - the 30 second version.
"..seriously, you are are little.."
Booty is booty
Post a Comment