Wednesday, May 6, 2009

About That Label

Do you ever get the sneaking suspicion that the light at the end of the tunnel is a train . . . headed right for you?

Rachel and I saw her retinal specialist tonight. Her right retina is detached. Normally retinal detachments are fixed fairly easily. But, as we all know, Rachel's case is anything but normal. The doctor said that her case is highly complicated and he won't make any plans until he conferences with her other doctors. He is going to call in a day or two and let us know if they are going to operate. Obviously, without the surgery, Rachel will be blind in her right eye in a very short amount of time.

God is no less God. And I am no less in His hands. And neither is Rachel. Whatever He has chosen for her, and whatever He will choose tomorrow, I can trust that He is still in charge. He is still the God who is singing over us, rejoicing in us. And He has promised to be our refuge during times of trouble. Right now I feel like it is the day of trouble. Well, let's be honest, I feel like it's the years of trouble. But I take comfort in the fact that she will see things far better than the Grand Canyon one day. And that day is not as far away as it feels.

Please be praying.

3 comments:

The Talberts said...

We will be praying, Margie.

running shoes said...

we'll be praying too.

great perspective on the Grand Canyon...

Susan Holt Simpson said...

Praying for your family - s