Last night someone came over and let me sleep. I'm going to refer to her as the Nicest Person Ever To Walk On God's Green Earth. The N.P.E.T.W.O.G.G.E. came over around 11 and I slept peacefully until almost 6. I have never been so excited for a night of sleep in my life. And words will never be able to express how grateful I am. A couple of times during the night I rolled over and saw the clock. I smiled every time, knowing that I could roll over and get even more sleep! This morning this week seems possible again, and I'm confident I can gear up for the rest of these 8 days.
On a different note, if you have time, please be praying for Rachel tomorrow. Michael's birthday party is tomorrow and Rachel will not be able to attend. I thought about rescheduling, but it is going to be several weeks before she can jump around, and who knows what other things will have come up in that time. When she realized she couldn't be there she cried. As I was trying to calm her down, she said, through tears, "Have you ever had to miss your best friend's birthday party?"
One of her older cousins is going to come over to play with her, and I'm going to get some new arts and crafts things for them to do, but be praying that God would comfort her during the afternoon. I know that seems trivial, but sometimes it's the little things that seem the hardest.
And thanks again, N.P.E.T.W.O.G.G.E.
5 years ago
7 comments:
I so wish there was some way I could help you guys. I will certainly be praying for Rachel and the rest of you all. Let me know if there's something more hands-on that you need.
I'm so glad you were able to do that! Sleep makes all the difference in the world.
'Sup...Samuel would like to call Nay-Nay's cell phone tomorrow, so maybe Rachel could talk on the phone during the party? I know Nay-Nay will be sneaking out back with her flask, at least 15 minutes into the party... so maybe I will tell her to call me on her smoke break.
Katisha Giiiiiiiirl you so funny and whut not!
Maquan, booooy, why you still up!? You on sleep duty with Rashanda?
"... now I know you'd love to just sit there and keep being not slim, but we got to work a little today, ok?"
Oh no you DITN'T!
Post a Comment