Thursday, May 14, 2009

Tender Hearts

I'm not sure where they get it, but Michael and Rachel are so sweet. I'm fairly certain that they don't get it from Mike, but I'm equally certain that it isn't swimming in my genes either.

Michael has been a huge help to Rachel. Anytime she needs anything, he is quick to run and get it for her. Yesterday when she was sleeping he said that he was trying to think of ways to help her, but he couldn't think of anything right then. It was adorable.

And Rachel is doing remarkably well with the restrictions that have been placed on her. During the night she moves a lot, and I have to rearrange her so she is almost face down. For the past three nights as I have moved her, she keeps saying things like, "I'm sorry," "I'm trying Mommy", or "I'll try not to move so much now." Who apologizes, in the middle of the night, for sleeping a certain way? It's craziness to me that she is so sweet. And it's killing me. I'm grateful that she has such a sweet disposition, and I don't really mean this. But every so often I wish she would just say, "This stinks and I hate it."

And speaking of 3 nights without sleep, God is giving me a new appreciation for Mike's schedule. I always think that I am being understanding when he is on night shift, but I have a whole new level of amazement that he can work thirds at all. No matter how long you are up at night, sleeping during the day is just not natural. I finally asked for help tonight and someone else is going to take tonight for me. It's amazing that someone else even offered, let alone the number of people who have offered. I chose the youngest person who offered, because they are bound to have more energy that all of us old folks :)

God's grace continues to sustain us for another day, and I'm grateful beyond words that we belong to Him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am kind of like Superman...without the cape.