Thursday, April 2, 2009

Random Thoughts

This is going to be all over the place.

  • I'm still giving Rachel drops every 2 hours, and repeatedly wondering, first, how long this is going to last. And second, why I haven't just pulled her out of school.
  • Since Rachel is getting drops every two hours, I can't really get anything else done (laundry, dinner, cleaning). I can only be home for about an hour at a time, and most of the time I don't even bother making the trip back here. My house has reached new levels of disgusting and small group is here on Friday night. The night before last, my entire dream was watching myself clean my house. I was cleaning kitchen counters, the top of my dresser, the bathrooms. The funny part was, I was picking up things that are actually out and driving me crazy. It could not have been more boring and I think it means I really do have a problem.
  • Over spring break Mike and I took the kids to the Berhinger Crawford Museum in Devou Park. It only cost $22.00 for our family of five, which is not bad at all. It was great and I recommend checking it out. They have four floors, although it's not huge. But on every floor they have stuff the kids can play with: train tables, tea sets, dress up. And the best part is that it was amazingly clean. Most kid friendly places are just dirty, but this was immaculate. And it was empty. We only saw one other family there. One word of warning, there was a display on the first floor that included a bunch of propaganda about the age of the earth. If your kids are little, they might not really look at the display enough to notice. Or, if they are older, like mine, they will laugh that they know more than a museum.
  • Michael has decided to take a turn with the medical drama. He has had the same headache for 3 days now and the doctor isn't really sure what is going on. He has no other symptoms, but isn't really responding to Tylenol or Advil. She suggested a few things and then said if it didn't get any better she would recommend a CT scan or MRI. Then she paused and spent some time thinking about just ordering it now. This was the conversation that followed: Me (because Mike and I had already talked about this): "If you are trying to decide, why don't we just go ahead and do it? We really haven't had the best track record with our kids. If it were a stomach ache I would be all over waiting, but it's his head." The doctor: "Well, I didn't want to be rude, but that's why I was trying to decide. You guys just are the one in a million family, and if something is going to be wrong, it is probably going to be with your kids." Nice. So he had his CT scan yesterday and we should know the results soon.

No comments: