Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Rachel's Birthday

Rachel turned 8 last week. And nothing says birthday like a slumber party. We had 11 little people total, but that included my 3. And of course, I have no common sense, so I told Chloe & Michael they could pick someone to spend the night with them too. It was tons of fun and I highly recommend it once your girls get older. Just make sure you have lots of nail polish!



Rachel said she wanted a slumber party cake, so Gretchen and I made this. It turned out really well, thanks to Gretchen!

My favorite part of the night was when the boys finally settled down. Michael's room has really thick curtains, and so once it is dark outside, his room is pitch black. I took a bunch of throw pillows in, shut the door and started throwing them at the boys. Who laughed really hard. Shockingly enough they didn't fall asleep right away.

2 comments:

Kentucky Kate said...

Super awesome cake!

Janelle S said...

What great memories for the kids! The cake is amazing -- great creativity.