Last night the kids and I went with Mike to the Covington City Council meeting. They opened the meeting in prayer. I didn't even know you were allowed to do that any more, but I was glad to see it. Before they introduced Mike, they introduced one fireman who was retiring and 3 others who were being promoted. All of them had their families with them, and the mayor made a point to remind each one to introduce his family. I was really impressed. Now, I don't know anything about the mayor of Covington. So if you happen to know something terrible about him, please don't tell me. That's Mike's new boss. I was just glad to see that family seems to matter.
And now a pointless story that made me laugh.
Last night Rachel told me that she eats grapes like a blind person. Hmmmm? She said that she likes to eat the skin off the grape first, but she can't see where she has already eaten the skin off of, and so she has to feel it with her tongue. And she's pretty sure that's how blind people eat grapes.
5 years ago
3 comments:
Wow. Rachel sure is funny! I wish I could meet her.
Great to hear.
Rachel is a character!!!!
That's great (about the mayor).
Also .. I remember eating the skin off of grapes first when I was little.
Post a Comment