Sorry for the delay in posting Rachel's progress, but it has been a long couple of days here. Rachel hasn't had this particular surgery done in a long time, and the last time she was much younger. We kind of forgot all that was involved and since her cornea transplant was so different, it was a little bit surprising to see this recovery going slower than normal. I tried to post yesterday but it came out far too grumpy and had that "poor me" feel, so I put it off for a day.
The shield came off yesterday, and the doctor said that he was pleased with the results so far. He gave us her drop schedule, and that is just going to be another matter of prayer. She is getting drops every hour, 25 in total for the time she is awake. We don't have to wake her during the night for drops, so we are sleeping . . . mostly.
She is feeling better over all and has been eating more today. She is still struggling with her drops. I think yesterday we only made it through 2 without tears. Rachel has gotten drops every day of her life and she never complains about it. So when she cried yesterday morning I knew it must be rough. And by last night I was ready to scream every time the timer went off for more drops. Several times throughout the day she kept saying "light and momentary" when it was time for another set of drops.
We have another follow up in a few hours. For the most part the appointments will be quick and we won't have much to report. At least that's what we're praying for.
Given all that her eye has been through over the last two days she is doing really well. Yesterday she kept saying that different things hurt (head, stomach, eye) and I kept saying, "I'm sorry honey." Every time her reply was, "That's OK, it's not your fault."
I'm not sure if it is or not, but this post feels all over the place and like I'm just throwing information out there. But I'm going to leave it, mostly because with asking you to pray I should be updating you. And also because I'm tired and I'm not really all together in my thoughts yet. I keep going back and forth between wanting to throw up because I hate this so much for her and knowing that because God chose this for her it is the best plan for her life. Maybe I'll try again later. Thanks for praying!
5 years ago
3 comments:
We are all praying for Rachel and the entire family.
I am so grateful that you can write it once and share.
Rachel is a perfect patient.
We love you all.
Thank you for the update.
We are all praying that Rachel will heal quickly and with little to NO pain. I know the eye drops are not comfortable. As always her HUGE TENDER heart shines thru.
I hope you will all rest and stay healthy.
We're praying for "Micheal's sister" around here.
Post a Comment