Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Kindergarten Conversations

Michael has been doing a basketball camp at Calvary for a few weeks. He is in morning kindergarten and so I just take him back with me when I pick Rachel up in the afternoon, and then the girls and I hang out while he plays. It's the funniest thing I have ever seen. He's not so good at controlling the ball yet and he has yet to make it an entire practice without landing on the ball and rolling. It's big fun.

Today we got there a few minutes early and realized the gym was packed with students for an all school pep rally. We were waiting outside the gym when the all day kindergarten class came out. He has class with them in the morning and then they stay for the rest of the day and do "enrichment" which is code for nothing. Not that I have an opinion on that or anything.

Back to the story. As the kids were coming out they were all saying "hi" to him. One of the other boys came out and said, "Michael, you're too late. You already missed the rally." He was obviously trying to bug Michael, who then puffed up, crossed his arms across his chest, made a super annoyed face and said, "I wasn't going to that anyway." The other little boy looked bothered that Michael's calendar was so full he had no interest in a pep rally.

After that the girls all streamed out. I know you're going to think I'm lying about this, but two of the girls got all, well, girly and smiley, and said, "Hi Sweetheart." And then they giggled. I'm going to blame it on the enrichment part of their day.

5 comments:

Kentucky Kate said...

That is hillarious. Firstly, how proud is your husband about this incident? Secondly, agreed on the enrichment stuff.

krissy said...

Boone county's 3 year old preschool is all day. Honestly, how stupid do they think we are as parents?

Anonymous said...

HELL YES I'M PROUD!!! What a stud, just like his old man! (I keed I keed)

The Talberts said...

It sounds like high school. How funny.

Anonymous said...

Notice it is not the handsome guy making all the comments..just the giggly girls.

He really is the best loking guy in school. Good luck Margie.....

wait till the phone calls start!!!!!!!!!!