Tuesday, August 11, 2009

She's 3!

I'm not sure how it happened, but Chloe is 3. I think the younger ones seem to grow up faster. I'm sure it's because I'm so busy with the older ones, but it has gone way too fast this time around.

This story will pretty much sum up the person Chloe is at age 3. Yesterday she asked me to paint her nails for her birthday. Pink, of course. Whenever I paint the girls' nails, we always play the same game. I pretend to be some lady with a nail salon and we all have fake names. I ask about their plans for the night, and we chat about their kids and husbands. Chloe loves it. She always pretends to be one of the princesses. Yesterday it was Belle. When I asked what she was doing later that day, she told me she and the Beast were going to ride horses. That girl is going to face big disappointment in her dating life.

When I was done painting her nails, she found one spot that didn't look right and begged me to fix it. I wonder if she will be less high maintenance when she gets older. Insert Mike's sarcastic comment about looking at her mother and assuming 'no' here.

I love her!

2 comments:

Kentucky Kate said...

Elise feels that she has found a kindred spirit in Chloe. Last night as I was putting her to bed, she thanked me for Chloe. I assured her that I couldn't take much credit for Chloe, but I was glad she enjoyed her.

running shoes said...

awe! Happy Birthday Chloe.

You are so creative with the Salon idea. I'm going to have to take notes from you gals with little girls.