Thursday, August 20, 2009

So Long Summer, Hello 5:30


The kids started school today. I am excited for another year, but I secretly wish summer vacation were permanent. I have tried lots of things, but in order for the day to run smoothly, I have to wake up at 5:30 on school mornings. That hurts. Every morning. For months on end.

Anyway, here are pics. Rachel had PE this morning so she wore that uniform instead. They both had a great day and already love their teachers. I stayed at school all day since Rachel still needs hourly drops. I overheard the art teacher saying that first grade was the most challenging class he had all day. When I asked Michael how art class was, he said he didn't have art. Mike and I kept telling him that he did, but he just looked confused and at one point said, "You mean we went to another classroom?" Oblivious much?

4 comments:

krissy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
krissy said...

What I meant to say was...
yikes, 530! It's a good thing you got so much sleep this summer.
Maybe in heaven you'll get to sleep for years. :-)

Grandma Petri said...

cute kids

School was so much fun Michael hardly noticed the changing locations.

Welcome to yawn town !!!!

Janelle S said...

I'm with you Margie. My days of "sleeping in" until 6:30 are over. I thought I could pull off 6:00, but that doesn't seem to be working. I'm hoping to stay away from 5:30, so maybe 5:45 is where I'll land.