I can not tell you how many times Mike and I have heard this phrase, "Nothing in her eyes formed correctly." It was just about the only thing we could count on them telling us her entire first year. I remember that my prayer for her then was that she would be able to see color and faces. I just couldn't imagine trying to explain the color red to her. And it broke my heart to think that she might never know Mike and I by anything but her touch.
If someone had given me a glimpse of her at age seven, back then, I would have screamed with the excitement of it all. Watching her ride her bike, read a book, go to a 'normal' school. But I would not have learned to lean on God if I had that assurance.
I think that because we are always in danger of losing her vision, or facing some new struggle with her eyes, I forget that she CAN see. God has done so much more than I asked for, and yet I still get anxious for what might happen. The kids are getting ready to start back to school, and last year was hard. I was emailing her teacher with the list of things the teacher will need to know about Rachel, and worrying that this year might be just as hard, if not harder, than last year. And it was then that God showed me that I'm missing it. This miracle that He has been allowing for the last seven years. The fact that, despite all the bad news, Rachel can ride a bike, and read. And the best news of all is that her favorite thing to read is her bible.
So for today I'm going to thank Him for the miracle and try to enjoy it more than I have for the last few years. Isn't God cool?
5 comments:
Thanks for making me drop real tears at work...it got me out of helping a guy because he was obviously uncomfortable that I was wiping my tears away and he left. What a fraidy-cat!
God is Good!!!
PTL for all his blessings.
Rachel is a godly woman in a little girls body!!!!!
Michael and Chloe are going to shine as brightly as Rachel!!!
Well you might see some light fragments here and there but hey look at the rest of the family.
PTL for all his blessings.
Rachel is a godly woman in a little girls body!!!!!
Michael and Chloe are going to shine as brightly as Rachel!!!
Well you might see some light fragments here and there but hey look at the rest of the family.
That is why I don't like to blog!!!!!
A miracle, indeed!!!!1
Post a Comment