Monday, August 31, 2009

That's My Son

I realize that I have been a very bad blogger lately. I'm blaming the 5:30 thing, and the drops every hour thing. Here are Michael's greatest lines from the last few weeks.

  • He told us that he had his first Spanish class at school. Gretchen and I both took a few years of Spanish and proceeded to spend several minutes saying Spanish phrases, followed by, "that means", and then translating for him. After the first few he looked completely annoyed, like he was wondering why he tells us anything, ever. He said, "I don't like my mom. That means, I don't like my mom." He's quick.
  • Last week I told him that he was getting his cast off on Friday of that week. Turns out I am the worst mom ever, and I was looking at the wrong week on my calendar. The day before he thought he was getting it off I had to tell him that he had another whole week. I was ready for him to be ticked. He was so gracious. It went something like this. "Michael, you know how I told you that everyone makes mistakes." Michael: "Mmmmhh." Me: "Well, really everyone makes mistakes, even Mommy." Michael: "What'd you do?" I told him and he was fine with it. I thanked him for being so gracious. Fast forward twenty minutes. I forgot something in the van and heard, "Wow, you really are forgetting things lately."
  • I asked him if he was excited about getting his cast off this week and he said 'no'. I was really surprised and when I asked why, he said, "Because I won't be able to go swimming." When I asked what he was talking about, he said, "Well, my cast is water proof." My reply, while laughing, "So is your arm."
  • I asked him what he did today at recess. No kidding, this was his description. "I played with Eric. He was the knight and I was the prince. We rescued Hannah and Katelyn from the invisible witch. They were the princesses." When I asked if they were grateful he said, "Whatever." No answer, just "whatever."

3 comments:

krissy said...

your lack of blogging is always forgiven when you do some of your sons quotes!

The Talberts said...

i agree with krissy. besides .. everyone turns into a bad blogger during the summer. those were great.

hey .. if you ever want to come over and hang out with chloe during the day while you're doing the drops thing, you're welcome to. i'm not super close to calvary, but probably a little closer than going all the way home. and we'd love the company.

grandma said...

Petri's are so entertaining!!!!!!!

And they are just getting started!!