Saturday, July 25, 2009

Let's NOT Go Krogering

Last week I took 5 kids to the grocery store for weekly shopping, and it wasn't bad. Today I only had my 3. Quick math should say that today would have been easier.

Before we left the produce section (you know, the first stop in the store) I had already taken away privileges for the rest of the day. By the time we hit cereal, I told them they were all getting spanked when we got home. And by the dairy department, I told them to not speak another word until we were in the car.

We finally made it to the car, in the rain, and loaded it all in the van. As soon as I started backing up, I heard Michael. "Hey Mom, you forgot to get us toothpaste. I know it was my job to remind you, and I would have said something sooner, but you wouldn't let me talk." He should be thankful that I was buckled in.

But, Gretchen saved the rest of the day.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Life in the fast lane is NEVER DULL !!!!!!!!!!!

Be glad Mike was not with you..it could have gone either way with him along!!!!!!!!!!

Gretchen .............always the PEACEMAKER!!!!!!! Your so lucky to have her!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Those sweet, innocent children? Misbehaving? I think mommy needs to check her attitude at the Kroger door.