My first day of first grade was pretty traumatic for my mom. I am the youngest of four and so whenever I did something, it was always the last time for her. Since my older brother and sisters went to the same school I had been there plenty of times for events and I knew my way around the school.
When we pulled into the parking lot for my first day she stopped the car and turned it off. I asked her what she thought she was doing. She was surprised by the question and said that she was going to walk me in for my first day. I was not thrilled with the idea and told her that I was fully capable of walking myself into school. She told me that everyone else had their mommy with them and she was going with me. I instantly pointed out that some of those other kids were obviously babies and "look, that's one even crying." I told her that if she got out of the car, I wouldn't. She later told me that as I walked in by myself, she sat in the parked car crying. Funny stuff.
Fast forward to two nights ago. I was telling the kids that I am really going to miss having them around all day once school starts. Rachel said, "No you won't." I told her I would, and that I was guessing that I would cry on their first day of school this year. She did not change her face or her tone as she said, "Well then I guess when we get home we'll have to change your diaper and get you a bottle. Baby."
My mom thinks I deserved that.
5 years ago
7 comments:
Oh that's great! Is there ever a moment without sarcasm in your house? I think your family could be the next TV show. Move over John Kate and 8; welcome "Petri's: Under the Microscope"...I'm sure the title would be much more creative then that, I just can't come up with it.
I'm secretly hoping my kids are half as hilarious, but I'm also worried about them being wittier than me by the time they are 8. I've been laughing since Sunday about Michael's blind joke.
I think your kids could make me cry with their sarcasm.
that wasn't ben. it was me. :)
Well no doubt the fun is going to continue and increase with the years ahead. This is just a small preview@^#^&*@$%^ look out...... they ahve to brillant parents. Your parents thpught they ahd it bad????? !!!!!!!!!
You know what they say about pay backs.
Is there a spell check for the crazy Mom who doesn't think about spelling errors in time??
Sorry you know what I meant to write. RIGHT?????
If not please delete my mess. : )
relax mom,we have all gone thru that .
Post a Comment