Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Potty Training

Remember how a million months ago I posted about staring to potty train Chloe and how well it was going? Since our lives exploded I put it on hold, until yesterday. I'm not exactly sure what prompted to me to start, the day before I volunteered to watch two boys (for the next 10 days), but since inspiration struck, I thought it was a good idea.

So far today we have had 3 accidents and only 1 successful trip to the potty. It's better than yesterday. That was when she had an accident on Kroger's floor . . . while I was talking to Rachel's first grade teacher that we just happened to run in to. Do you ever get the feeling that God gives us kids just to keep our pride in check?

4 comments:

Susan Holt Simpson said...

I'm waving my hands and saying YES on that - I think God was chuckling the entire first few years of my second son's life, as he ruined what we thought to be perfect parenting skills. I think He slapped His knee a few times, too.

Janelle S said...

I'm not sure if that's encouraging or discouraging. I was sure I'd start potty training Sadie after we got back from the beach...but really, what's the hurry?
The reality of all the accidents are Not encouraging, but knowing you're going through it may be what I need to just go for it.

Betsy said...

I think that is right, God gives you kids to keep your pride in check, which is precisely why He hasn't given me any...I am so pride-less! :)

krissy said...

HA! Betsy, you're funny.

I'm with Janelle on the "what's the rush" idea. I just keep dreading it. Dora is not interested and well, so Dora that I know she would somehow manage to pee on everything in the house until she's ready anywhay.
I'm just not there yet.