Saturday, July 18, 2009

Breakfast Surprise

This morning the kids surprised Mike and I by making us breakfast. They poured us glasses of milk and bowls of cereal. I always drink skim milk, while the rest of the family drinks 2%. Lately I haven't been buying the skim because I don't drink enough to make it worth it. Rachel explained that she couldn't find "my milk" and so mine might taste a little different. But then she said she thought she found it, and so she poured me a glass. Since I knew there was no skim in the house, and 2% is just nasty, I was trying to be sly and get Mike to drink mine for me when the kids weren't looking. He drank the whole glass. Only to find out that Rachel thought the buttermilk was "my milk." I can't believe he didn't throw up.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The kids go out of their way to serve us and you respond by trying to pawn your milk off on someone else. Then, being the kind serving husband that I am, I decided to pretend I was thirsty AND drink Margie's glass there by making the kids feel totally appreciated and getting Margie off the hook. I slammed that sucker....and Almost threw up!!! I thought it was sour milk. I still have a headache!

running shoes said...

yuck. totally sweet that you're kids are servants.

The Talberts said...

i'm still laughing. oh my goodness. i'm picturing mike in his pj's, with a big buttermilk moustache.

Mom said...

Awesome Dad!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sweetest kids around.

NayNay said...

2% milk is nasty enough...then to accidentally chug buttermilk...I think I just threw up a little at the thought of it.