Sunday, March 15, 2009

Our Weekend

I got a glimpse on Friday night that this weekend might not go as planned. Just a few short hours before small group (which we host) Chloe threw up. All over me. She had been running a fever all day, so I wasn't completely shocked.

Saturday I woke up to Rachel saying that her throat hurt. She gets strep from time to time and I could tell by the way her voice sounded that she had it again. This was the call to the doctor. "My daughter has strep. Do you have any openings later in the morning? I have to take my youngest to a surgical follow up at 10." She made a crack about how fun that all sounded and scheduled us for 12. On the way home from the follow up Gretchen left a message that Michael threw up twice. Awesome!

This was my next call to the doctor. "So, my son just starting throwing up. Any chance the doctor can work him in too?" She made another crack about how great my day was turning out to be.

They all have strep. All 3 of them. It's kind of funny. You know, in a Petri way.

No comments: