Friday, March 13, 2009

Set Back

Potty training has been going amazingly well. She even made it the entire day yesterday with NO accidents. That's huge in my book! And then this morning, right after she opened her eyes, she threw up. I'm not a daring enough mom to potty train during stomach illness, so today we are taking a day off. Even as I type that, I know I am going to regret it. Consistency is the key and I'm sure I'll pay for this later.

And now I am going to share a favorite Petri past time, and let you all judge me accordingly . . .

Last year the kids got a hockey set for Christmas. It came with two small goals. We like to bring them upstairs and play Living Room Soccer. So far we haven't broken anything, so it still seems like a good idea. We use a soft ball and so when Mike and I bounce it off the wall it doesn't cause the pictures to fall off. To be honest, the kids and I bounce it off the walls, Mike usually bounces it off of me. You would think he would not be so competitive during living room soccer with the kids and I. But he and Michael always beat Rachel and I. They don't even let us make pity goals.

Oh, and twice this week I told the kids it was too nice for homework and we would catch up later. Are you starting to understand why I don't home school?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pity goals? You have to earn the goals you HACK!

Anonymous said...

I'd like to step in here and let everyone know that when Margie and I played this game, she was merciless. She did not allow me any pity goals either and I had bruises on my body from her aiming at me instead of the goal! She's not so innocent.

Unknown said...

I think life in the Petri home sounds just right. Very fun. :)

Unknown said...

darn it. Not Ben. It's Melissa. I need to sign in with my own account.

Anonymous said...

ok, you are still a kid at heart, so keep it up.... the kids will always remember these fun times... just try not to break anything important, like Grethen's nose for instance!