Friday, March 6, 2009

That's My Son

And now for what I hope will become a regular installment of my blog. Michael is the funniest kid alive. I know you might disagree, but you would be wrong. He is constantly saying the most hilarious things and so I thought I would share them with you. For one of the conversations from this week you'll need a little back story. My Dad owns a financial planning business. His office is two doors down from Emmerson's bakery. The kids NEVER go to the office without getting walked to the bakery by Grandpa. It has gotten to the point that Chloe calls his office "PaPa's doughnut house."

Here are some of my most recent favorites:

  • Michael: "Mommy, when I grow up I want to . . . well, it's kind of a secret . . . but Rachel wants to do it too. When we grow up we want to have our own house and live our own lives." I asked if he meant that he and Rachel wanted to live in the same house when they were grown up. His repsonse, "No, just near each other. And we don't want any windows in our house, because bad guys might get in." I can't decide if I should be happy they want to have their own things going on, or offended that they have already decided I'm not all that.
  • We were at my Dad's office and my brother came in with an Emmerson's box. He asked Michael if he wanted a doughnut. Michael just looked up and said, "You know I do."
  • Michael had a hole in his shirt and Mike asked him how it happened (you know, since the shirt was only worn twice). Michael said, "I by mistakely cut it." Mike says, "How do you accidentally cut a hole in your shirt?" Michael's reply, "Scissors you goofball."

5 comments:

Kentucky Kate said...

Firstly, you should be thrilled that your kids are already planning to move someday. That's way further along than many 20 year-olds I know. I'm already trying to plant those ideas in the kids heads. And whispering it to the one in my belly.

Secondly, did you just refer to your lack of coolness with the phrase "all that?"

Anonymous said...

I have the BEST grandkids alive!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Margie by mistakely thought she was coolerer than me. Michael is just like the cool kid in school that everybody likes. And he is so cool he doesn't even know it.

kara h said...

I love that their father has scared them so badly that they think they need to live in houses with no windows to keep the bad guys out.

The Talberts said...

haha to Kara's comment!

Those were funny!